The Zerodha Account Opening charge are mentioned below:
TYPE OF ACCOUNT
EQUITY (For Trades on Equity, F&O and Currency)
EQUITY (For Trades on Equity, F&O and Currency) and Commodity (MCX)
NRI account (offline only)
Partnership, LLP, HUF, or Corporate
accounts (offline only)
Zerodha Account Opening (Online/Offline)
If the customer wants to trade (in stock, commodity or currency) or to invest (in stocks, mutual funds) with Zerodha then he/she has to open a Zerodha trading account and Zerodha demat account. The demat account is not compulsory for the customer who are planning to trade only in the derivatives.
Zerodha offers majorly three types of accounts:
• Zerodha Trading account for equity and currency derivatives.
• Zerodha Demat account to take delivery of stocks.
• Zerodha Commodity account to trade commodity futures on MCX.
Zerodha 2-in-1 account facilitates the customer with easy transfer of funds i.e. a combo of trading and demat account.
One customer has all the access to all the segments but each segment has to be enabled separately at the time of opening an account or later point of time.
Documents Required to open a Zerodha Account
1. PAN Card Copy.
2. Aadhar card details (Compulsory for opening an account online)
3. Latest bank statement or cancelled cheque.
4. Scanned copy of your signature or Photo.
5. Income proof (For trading in F&O). It could be a 6-month bank statement, latest salary slips, Form-16, Income Tax Return Acknowledgement, Demat holding statement, or Net worth certificate from a CA.
Zerodha Account Opening Procedure
To open a Zerodha Account, there are 2 options:
1. Fill an online application form available on Zerodha site.
2. Open your account instantly with Aadhar.
Note: Aadhar card should be linked with your mobile number because only the linked card will help you to open a Zerodha account.
An OTP will be sent to your mobile number for Aadhar verification.
Zerodha Account Opening Status
It takes two working days to open Zerodha account, once after they receive the signed Zerodha account opening forms. The customer will receive an email confirmation as soon as the Zerodha account is opened.
In case you don’t receive a welcome email after 2 days then contact the Zerodha Support team.
Zerodha Account Opening Form PDF
The Zerodha account opening form PDF is available for download on its website. The steps to download the form are:
a) Visit the Zerodha’s website.
b) Click on ‘Download and Resources” placed at the bottom of the website.
c) In the resources segment, you will have 2 separate forms- one for trading in equity, future and options on NSE, BSE and the other for Commodity trading. Now, download the specific form as per your trading preferences.
You can also fill the online account opening application, get it printed and then courier it to the Zerodha’s head office.
Closing of Zerodha Account
The Zerodha trading account and Zerodha demat account gets deactivated if the customer does not use them for the tenure of 6 months. This inactive trading account can be activated by calling at Zerodha Support.
If the customer is not using the Zerodha account anymore or moved to another broker then it is recommended to close the account else the customer will continue to pay the AMC charges for the account. It also reduces the chances of misusing the account by someone else.
The customer can close their Zerodha account anytime if they wish to do so. The single way to close the account is to submit the application for account closure. The accounts cannot be closed online or by contacting customer support.
Points to notice:
• It may take up to two working days to close Zerodha account. The customers receive an email notification with the status updates on the Zerodha account closing procedure.
• The customer needs to clear all the dues before the closing of the account.
• The customer needs to transfer all their securities from Zerodha demat account to their other demat account.
• Zerodha does not charge any amount for account closing.