Sharekhan is one of the largest stock brokers in India. It was incorporated in the year 2000 and provides its brokerage services by its website. It has grown immensely since last 10 years and now is considered as the leading stock broker of India. The stock broker provides its services to all kind of customers that includes investors, traders, corporate, institutional and NRIs. It provides its trade execution facilities for the Equity Cash and derivatives segments on BSE and NSE, commodity facilities on MCX and NCDEX.
Sharekhan is a very successful stock broker in India which has shown an incredible growth over the last 10 years. It has an excellent trading platform with the chain of franchises located in the almost every part of India. It also has an international presence in UAE and Oman.
It is considered as the finest investment portal for the Indian Stock market. It is a well-designed website that provides broad range on investment options, share market news, research reports, stock quotes, fundamental and statistical information across the equity, mutual funds, IPOs and much more. It has redesigned its application by keeping the user requirements in mind. It provides the extensive feature for both the traders and investors alike. It allows its users to start trading easily and keep the track of the stocks and manage portfolio and all of it at one place.
Sharekhan offers “Sharekhan Trade Tiger”. It is among the most popular trading terminal for the retail investors. The trade tiger is much similar to the broker terminal that allows frequent traders to place and execute the orders speedily. It also provides live data and other tools on the same screen to help the users to trade.
The Mobile platform by Sharekhan facilitates its customers by mobile application. The applications are very familiar with various devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android and other devices.
The stock broker also provides variety of accounts to suit the various needs of customers. It provides Sharekhan First Step Account, Sharekhan Classic Account, Sharekhan Trade Tiger Account and Sharekhan Platinum Circle Account for Portfolio Management Services (PMS).
The research team of the stock broker has its own research teams that regularly publishes investment advice, stock tips, quarterly company result analysis and news alerts to its customers via email, SMS or on Sharekhan website. It offers various online and classroom seminars and workshops to the investors.
The stock broker charges a minimum brokerage of 5 paisa per share. It means that at the time of trading in Intraday, if the share price you trade in is ₹50 or less, a minimum brokerage of 5 paisa per share will be charged. It charges minimum brokerage fee of 10 paisa per share. It means for the delivery-based trades a minimum brokerage of 10 paisa per share will be charged when the share price is ₹20 or less. ₹16 per scrip is charged as DP if the total traded value is ₹3200 or less in case of any sell transaction.
Advantages of Sharekhan
1. It offers multiple trading platforms to its customers to suite the needs of customer.
2. It provides various brokerage slabs to fulfil the customer needs. More you trade with Sharekhan the lesser brokerage you need to pay.
3. It provides the online and classroom trading, seminars and workshops to the investors.
4. The stock broker does not charge online fund transfer from the bank account and the funds pay-out to bank account.
5. It does not charge for DP transactions.
6. It allows fixed deposit as collateral for the future and options trading.
7. It charges zero fees from the call and trade facility.
Disadvantages of Sharekhan
1. It does not offer the 3-in-1 account as it does not provide the banking services.
2. The brokerage charged is percentage based that are higher in comparison to the flat fee brokers.
3. It charges a minimum brokerage fee of 10 paisa per stock and would not allow you to trade in stocks below ₹20.
4. The customers who hold Classic account are unable to trade in Commodities.
In case the customer forgot or lost their Sharekhan Login Id then they can get it back on their mobile or mail id at any time just by submitting an online request.
Steps to recover Sharekhan Login ID are:
• Visit the Sharekhan Website.
• Select the login or trade option in the top right.
• Click on the Forgot Id.
• Now, check on login Id.
• Enter the mobile number and mail.
• Validate the Captcha code.
• Click on the Submit Option, then the login will be sent to their mobile or mail as per their choice.
Good-For-day is the validation period of order with Sharekhan. The orders that are placed under GFD are valid until the market closes on the day of the placing order and it will be executed as soon as the set price is available.
Sharekhan is known for bringing the new and innovative ways of investment. It helps its customers to earn more profits in the near future. It is a very trustworthy firm and one must feel safe being under them.
Sharekhan works on various platforms and this makes it very convenient for the users. It provides a pretty solid mobile trading facility. The platform works on high speed advancement and gets the work done in no time.
Sharekhan is a depository participant with both NSDL and CDSL depositories. The customers can choose from one of the depositories at the time of account opening. The Sharekhan DP Id on which depository you have the account with. Sharekhan DP Ids for NSDL and CDSL are:
NSDL DP Id: IN300513
CDSL Id: 12036000
It is a part of Stop Loss order. When an individual places a stop loss order then you are required to enter two types of prices i.e. Trigger price and Limit Price. The stop loss order gets activated when the price of a security reaches or crosses the trigger price. The order is executed at the limit price as mentioned.
There are two ways to open an account with Sharekhan:
• Request a call back from Sharekhan representative for account opening.
• Now, visit the local branch or request a call back and their sales representative will call you in some time.