Edelweiss is a full-service stock broker that was incorporated in the year 2008. It is Mumbai-based full-service stock-broking firm. This company is the part of renowned Edelweiss Group which was incorporated in 1995 and is a leading diversified financial service company.
Edelweiss broking offers and facilitates its customers to invest and trade in almost all the major asset classes such as Equity Debt, Mutual Funds, IPOs, Currency Derivative, Commodities and Futures and Options.
The stock broking firm offers several investment advices that is backed by the research and analysis to the Edelweiss customers across the asset classes, trading styles and the time horizons. Edelweiss has the best array of the trading platforms that are available for all the mediums such as Mobile App, website and desktop trading software.
This stock broker has developed its strong presence across the India with more than 475 offices in almost 200 locations. It has developed 11,398 employees catering more than 12 lakh clients across various businesses.
Types of Account in Edelweiss Stock Trading Company
The Edelweiss provides three types of brokerage plans to meet the needs of traders.
1. Discount Brokerage Plan (Edelweiss Lite)- It is considered as the next generation online trading plan for the customers who can make trading online with the help of various tools and with the minimal support of the broker. This plan offers trading services at the ultra-low brokerage fees of flat ₹10 per executed order in almost all the trading segments at BSE, NSE and MCX.
2. Edelweiss Lite- In this plan, the customer is charged with a percentage of the trade value as the brokerage. This is a full-service plan that offers the complete personalized trading experience by providing the relationship managers without any extra cost charged.
3. Advance Subscription plans- It is an advanced subscription or prepaid plan that the customers have to pay a lumpsum amount for the upfront of 12 months. The brokerage can be charged under the prepaid plans that are much low than that of the standard plan. It is for the active traders that also provide personal relationship manager, high leverage, free research and training. It charges low brokerage that includes the plan itself.
Charges of Edelweiss Stock Trading Firm
The charges of the Edelweiss are charged as per the different plans of the stock broker:
1. Account Opening Fees and AMC.
2. Edelweiss Lite Plan Charges.
3. Edelweiss Elite Plan Charges.
Edelweiss Trading Software
Edelweiss avails its customers with various trading platforms that helps the customers to trade in an effective manner with ease. Various trading platforms provided by Edelweiss are:
1. Edelweiss Trading Website.
2. Edelweiss Xpress.
3. Edelweiss Xtreme Trader.
4. Edelweiss Mobile Trader.
Advantages of Edelweiss Stock broker
1. It is a full-service broker that offers various discount brokerage plan.
2. It provides the flat ₹10 per executed order brokerage across all trading segments.
3. It avails the customers with the free research, trading tips and recommendations.
4. It provides an instant paperless online account opening facility.
5. It provides excellent trading software that work smoothly on mobile and desktop.
6. It provides various online IPO investment services.
7. It provides high leverage facilities across the cash, F&O and the CDS segments.
8. It provides relationship managers and various add-on services such as PMS to its customers.
Disadvantages of Edelweiss Stock Broker
1. This broker does not allow to pull Bracket Order (BO) and Good-Till cancelled (GTC) orders.
2. It charges a high minimum brokerage as 3 paisa per share in delivery and 1 paisa per share on the Intraday and Futures.
3. It avails its customers with Call and Trade at an additional cost of ₹20 per call.
4. It charges ₹50 per month for the research calls and trading tips.