5Paisa Demat Account Opening Charges and Details
5Paisa Track Record Of Best Online Stock Broker In India
5Paisa Demat Account Opening Charges and Details
5 paisa.com is a Mumbai based discount stock broker that offers trading, investment and advisory services to the retail customers in India. It started offering its low-cost financial services in April 2016. It also provides online mutual funds and Insurance distribution services along with the stock and currency trading.
It is a flat-fee broker. They charge brokerage at the fixed ₹20 per executed order across the different segments. The customer is obliged to pay only ₹20 brokerages irrespective to the size of the trade. It is up to 95% less brokerage in comparison to the other traditional broker.
5paisa depository service is one of the key services that are offered by it. The 2-in-1 account offers by 5paisa includes a trading and a Demat account. A Demat account holds shares, mutual funds, bonds, etc. digitally, similar in a way as the bank account holds money. This account allows the customers to buy or sell the shares electronically without any paperwork.
There are two Demat account schemes that are offered by 5paisa. The schemes are as follows:
1. Regular (Non BSDA) Account.
2. BSDA Account.
Note: BSDA refers to Basic Service Demat Account.
Demat Account Opening
Demat account provides the investors the facility of holding their shares in electric form. It is simply a replacement for holding and trading in physical share certificates that includes a lot of paperwork. Since most of the transactions are carried online, the customer can easily and conveniently trade using the online Demat account.
The stocks in Demat account remains in Dematerialized form, where all your stocks can be converted from physical to the electronic form in order to increase the accessibility. The 5paisa Demat account also hold bonds, ETFs, Mutual Funds, gold bonds and other similar assets with a unique ISIN number.
Types of Demat account
You can open three types of Demat account in 5paisa. The types of account are:
1. Regular Demat account- This account is used by the investors and traders who resides in India. SEBI has also introduced an account type that is called as the BSDA (Basic Services Demat Account). This account is for investors whose holding values does not exceed ₹ 2 lakhs. Hence, the maintenance charges are low, annually.
2. Repatriable Demat account- This Demat account is meant for non-resident Indians (NRIs) under which the funds can be easily transferred in foreign. This account requires an NRE account associated with it.
3. Non-Repatriable Demat account- It is a Demat account used by NRIs under which the funds cannot be transferred abroad. Such account requires an NRO bank account associated with it.
Important Features of 5 paisa Demat account
1. Demat accounts offered by 5paisa are excellently integrated with the trading applications.
2. Flexibility to hold the mutual funds in the same Demat account.
3. Provides easy online and offline transfer of shares.
4. It has a freeze account option that freezes your account for certain time, if you wish to do so.
5. The Demat account can be accessed via mobile trading app, website and desktop trading apps.
6. Option to get the dividend directly deposited in the linked bank account.
7. Automatic updating of bonus issues, right shares or stocks split in the Demat account.
8. It facilitates customer to convert physical share certificate to Demat account.
Documents required to open a Demat account
To open a Demat account, a certain set of documents is required. The documents required are as follows:
1. PAN Card details.
2. Address Proof (Passport, Voter Id, Bank statement, Ration Card, etc.)
3. Bank Proof (Cancelled cheque or bank statement)
4. Income Proof (Copy of Annual account, Form 16, etc.)
5. Specimen signature- It is required for offline transactions in case of digitally signed applications.
How to open a Demat account?
To open a Demat account with 5paisa, you are required to follow some steps. The steps to open a Demat account are as follows:
1. Fill in your personal details like your PAN Number, DOB, and Aadhar number.
2. Enter your Bank details like Account number and IFSC code to fetch your bank details in one go.
3. Upload all the documents like PAN card, Address proof, Bank details and Photo.
4. In the final step, review and complete form and sign it digitally using Aadhar. Your account will open in no time once after getting verified by 5paisa.
Demat Account Opening Charges
Account Opening Fees
₹45/- per traded month
Benefits of opening Demat account with 5 paisa
1. Portfolio Analytics- It provides the real time reports on the gains/losses that are compared with the benchmarks and suggestions. This helps in improving the performance for the risk appetite.
2. Flat fee- It trades in high volumes for a flat fee of just ₹20. This results in saving more than 98% on your brokerage costs.
3. Hassle-free- It has a complete paper-less and easy Demat account opening process. The process is based on Aadhar to manage all your investments at a single and safe place.
4. Single Account- It provides only one account to trade in stocks, future and options (F&O), commodities as well as currencies at a flat rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, It charges flat Rs.20 per executed order brokerage for stock trading and Rs.10 per executed order brokerage for mutual funds.
The features are listed below: 1. Zero brokerage. 2. Free premium Research and advisory. 3. Paperless account opening. 4. Free account opening. 5. Free mutual fund account opening.
In order to track the account opening status of your references, you need to follow these steps: 1. Login to 5paisa.com partner section. 2. Click on the dashboard. 3. Select the lead status and you will be able to see the account opening status of your reference.
The steps to download profit and loss reports in 5paisa are: 1. Enter your username and password by logging in to your account. 2. Click on your Profile logo on the dashboard. 3. Go to “My reports” from the options tab. 4. Select “Portfolio” from the reports option. 5. Select the necessary filters. 6. Click on the PDF or Excel button and download your P&L report from 5paisa.
If the customer applies online to open an account then the account will be opened within an hour. If the customer applies offline to open an account then the account will be opened within 24 hours. Any mistake in the submitted forms or documents would delay the account opening process.
The limit for IPO application is 2 lakhs per transaction on UPI.
You will get a link which you can send to your references. One your references add their name, mail Id and mobile number then the credit will be given to you automatically.
It allows the users to trade and to invest in equity, currency trading to go along with the mutual fund investments across BSE, and NSE.
ALB is the Adjusted Ledger Balance. It is the balance for the fund that you can withdraw or transfer back to the bank account.
The add on packs do not include the GST tax. All the paid plans will be charged at 18% GST over and above the add on pack fees and the same shall be non-refundable.
A minor cannot become a partner with 5 paisa.
To change your billing date, you are required to cancel your subscription and restart it on the date you would like to bill it on. In case you cancel it in the middle of your billing cycle, the cancellation shall be effective only at the end of that billing cycle and then you will be unable to re-subscribe your account until after that time.
5paisa.com does not provide any marketing support. The customer is required to search their references on their own. Although, the complete information about 5paisa.com is available on the website. The information present on website can be used for convincing clients.
When you sell any stocks held in your demat account and the securities are debited from the demat account then a demat debit charge is levied by 5paisa. The charges are 0.025% i.e. minimum Rs.25 per transaction of the value of securities.
The de-registration will not be available from the application until the active requests are revoked/executed.
The signature may get rejected due to the following reasons: 1. If the client has signed other than blue or black ink in the sent documents. 2. If the client has signed with pencil. 3. If the signature file is not uploaded properly. 4. If the signature does not match with your PAN. 5. If the signature is blur and not visible.
No, there are no charges for transactions done through UPI.
This broker results as a fantastic choice for the beginner clients as it is cheap. It charges a flat rate brokerage for all the segments and allows investment with assistance of small chunk of money without the need of deploying massive funds into the demat account.
They are the type of mutual funds that invest in securities with a residual maturity of up to 91 days. The assets invested are not tied up for a long time as liquid funds do not have lock-in period.
It is the date on which the client’s investment will be processed each month. When a client does an SIP then the amount is debited from their bank account one business day prior to the SIP date.
A Virtual Payment Address (VPA) is a unique identifier that can be used to send and receive money on UPI. Think of it as an email Id that you can use to transfer money.
You are required to have an active equity account in order to subscribe to any of our add on back plans.
No, only one bank account with one IPO application is allowed.
No, this broker belongs to the house of discount brokers and they don’t provide research services. However, the customers can rely on 5paisa terms of information regarding the top picks. Its robo advisory tool guides the customers through lot of aspects.
UPI is an abbreviation used for Unified Payments Interface (UPI). It is an instant payment system developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), an RBI regulated entity. It is built over the IMPS infrastructure and allows you to instantly transfer money between the sender and the receiver.
Yes, It is safe, trustworthy and reliable stockbroker. It is promoted by Mr. Nirmal Jain, the founder of IIFL group (formally India Infoline). This broker is professionally managed and publicly traded company that is listed at BSE and NSE.
In order to get your SIP stop, follow the steps: 1. Go to Mutual Funds order book. 2. Click on the SIP section. 3. Click on the scheme you wish to stop. 4. Click on the Stop SIP option. 5. Select a reason and click on stop SIP.
The customer can redeem investments by using the following steps: 1. Visit the Mutual Fund Portfolio (termed as MF Holdings on web). 2. Tap on the scheme you would like to redeem. 3. Click on Redeem. 4. Choose the units or amount to redeem. 5. Click on Confirm.
If you have insufficient balance in your bank account while accepting the IPO mandate then the transaction will get declined. You need to have sufficient funds in your bank account to carry on the transaction.
You need to send physical signed form to get your demat and trading account closed.