‘Simply Commission Free’ is a tagline of Finvasia which strongly believes that adding value & quality to the products & services will have more meaning in the future rather than charging brokerage. Finvasia is an Indian Fintech company founded by Ex Wall Street banker Mr. Tajinder Pal Singh and his brother Mr. Sarvjeet Singh in 2009 in Canada and after registering with SEBI as Foreign Institutional Investor (FII), Finvasia ventured into India. In 2013, Finvasia entered into the retail brokerage market after receiving regulatory approvals from NSE and MCX. Later on, in 2015, it became the member of BSE and The Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI). In 2016, Finvasia was named among the 20 most promising banking solution companies by Silicon India.
The company was growing day by day. In 2018, Finvasia became member of NCDEX and got the approval from SEBI to allow its clients to trade on BSE, NSE, MCX and NCDEX from a single trading account. In the brokerage industry, Finvasia is one of the trustworthy brokers who does not charges any brokerage in any segment i.e. Rs 0 brokerage on trading. As well as, Finvasia does not charges any amount for the demat and trading account i.e. Rs 0 charges on opening of demat and trading account and Rs 0 Account Maintenance Charges (AMC).
Finvasia offers leverage of up to 10x for equity intraday trading. It provides a wide range of software and tools for trading, technical & fundamental analysis such as ScalperT, Omnesys NEST, NSE Now, Symphony, Amibroker etc. Finvasia charges per month fee for using most of the trading software.
Finvasia Account Opening Charges:
You don’t need to pay any amount to open a demat & trading account on Finvasia.
• Finvasia Trading Account Opening Charges - ₹0
• Finvasia Demat Account Opening Charges - ₹0 (₹199 for Power of Attorney)
• Finvasia Trading AMC - ₹0
• Finvasia Demat AMC - ₹0 (₹1000 for corporate clients)
While buying and selling of stocks, traders need to pay brokerage to the broker which can be variable from one broker to another.
• Futures – Equity / Currency / Commodity : ₹0
• Options – Equity / Currency : ₹0
• Delivery – Equity : ₹0
• Intraday – Equity : ₹0
• Call and Trade – Free
• DP charges for delivery-based equity selling - ₹9 per transaction
Regulatory & Exchanges charges on Finvasia:
Type of Charges
₹5000/crore of premium
₹4000/crore of premium
0.025% on sell side
0.1% on both side
0.01% on sell side
0.05% on sell side & 0.125% where option is exercised
0.01% on sell side
As per UT ₹10
Note – Stamp duty for all states will be charged as per UT Chandigarh except for Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, West Bengal, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Haryana, Delhi and Rajasthan.
Finvasia Trading Software Charges:
Finvasia charges some amount on using of trading software which are as follows:
• ScalperT – Free
• NSE NOW – NSE: ₹0 | BSE: ₹149 per segment per month
• NEST - ₹49 per exchange per month, ₹99 for bracket order
• Presto - ₹1599
• Blitz Trader - ₹2999
Up to 10X
Up to 2X
Up to 1X
Up to 1X
Up to 1X
Up to 2X
Finvasia Advantages & Disadvantages:
Finvasia is enhancing their services day by day, let us focus on pros & cons of Finvasia.
• Full-secure platform.
• 100% paperless account opening facility.
• NRIs can trade in Indian share market through Finvasia.
• Zero Brokerage.
• Online IPO application facility.
• Real-time updates on IPO opening, closing, bidding and listing information.
• Zero Account Opening charges.
• Free call & trade facility.
• Offer tools for algo trading for retail customers.
• 24/7 customer support.
• Wide range of trading software & tools.
• Online chat support.
• Hassle-free and ultra-fast trading software.
• ScalperT trading website has only 1-minute time frame.
You can transfer shares from your another demat account to Finvasia demat account by following below two steps:
• Through DIS (Delivery Instruction Slip) – You can transfer your holdings or securities by filling DIS form and need to fill your DP details of Finvasia and submit it to the old broker.
• Through CDSL Easiest – You can transfer your holdings or shares through CDSL Easiest.
On a repatriable basis, for investing in equity delivery, NRIs can link their trading accounts with Axis bank and Yes bank only while on a non-repatriable basis, for investing in derivative segment, NRIs can link with any bank with us.
NRI/PIO are allowed to open only one account with any designated bank (Preferred bank - Axis bank or Yes bank) in a prescribed format for PIS account. After that, bank will issue a PIS approval letter to the investor.
Finvasia is equipped with many unique features such as free demat & trading account opening, zero brokerage in every segment, zero clearing charges, zero commission on mutual fund, online account opening facility, trading software & tools etc.
First margin call will be given as soon as the MTM loss reaches 50% of the total available margin and client will be asked to submit fresh margin or reduce the positions. One the MTM reaches 80% , position will be squared off.